The glory of feedback and the unkindness of strangers

So, on "launching"/announcing my new website I sent an email to a bunch of people, including to the mailinglist ("fotonorr") of my photo club. Seeing as the main content of my site was photographs, I thought that would be quite alright. Since I am a bit of a joker, I tweaked the actual content of the message to appear as one of many spam/bullshit emails. Just for kicks (you can read the content of the message :below:), you know.
Well, having done this turned out to star a chain reaction which resulted in my very first feedback to look like this:
Re: [fotonorr] What you need to know
From: Jesper Lundgren (email adress omitted)
Date: Saturday, 6 January, 2007 10:19:46 PM
To: Per -Oskar Westin [peroskarwestin@yahoo.co.uk]

IDIOT

I always considered that one of the objectives of art was to provoke and stir up feelings, but I hadn't realised that I would acquire that target so fast... No, but seriously, I was actually surprised to see that someone was so offended by the email (i doubt his comment was regarding my site content) as to actually send such a response. And my second reaction was that it's kind of a shame that the ones that actually take the time to respond are the ones who dislike something.
But I guess, the fault is my own for trying to get reactions out of people. So here's to you, anonymous jerk with no sense of humour or decency:
Thanks for noticing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jag svarade ju och jag gillade det! Jag hoppas att jag inte gav motsatt intryck.