At least it couldn't get much worse

Now I am going home to be with the humans. Or not. I guess I'll just listen to Radiohead and Nick Cave tonight. It seems right. Be the judge...

Radio:
the emptiest of feelings,
disappointed people, clinging on to bottles,
and when it comes it's so, so, disappointing.

Let down and hanging around,
crushed like a bug in the ground.
Let down and hanging around.

Shell smashed, juices flowing
wings twitch, legs are going,
don't get sentimental, it always ends up drivel.
One day, I'm gonna grow wings,
a chemical reaction,
hysterical and useless
Nicky:

l hold d this letter in my hand
A plea of petition, a kind of prayer
I hope it does as I have planned
Losing her again is more than I can bear

I kiss the cold white envelope
Press my lips against her name
Two hundred words, we live in hope
The sky hangs heavy with rain

Love letter, love letter
Go get her, go get her
Love letter, love letter
Go tell her, go tell her

1 comment:

M said...

Mr Cave:

Brother, my cup is empty
And I haven`t got a penny
For to buy no more whiskey
I have to go home
I am the captain of my pain
Tis the bit, the bridle,
The trashing cane
The stirrup, the harness
The whipping mane
The pickled eye
The shrinking brain
O brother, buy me one more drink
I`ll explain the nature of my pain
Yes, let me tell you once again
I am the captain of my pain

[...]

O brother, my cup is empty
And I haven`t got a penny
For to buy no more whiskey
I have to go home
I counted up my blessings
And counted only one
One tiny little blessing
And now that blessings gone
So buy me one more drink, my brother
Then I`m taking to the road
Yes, I`m taking to the rain
I`m taking to the snow
O my friend, my only brother
Do not let the party grieve
So throw a dollar onto the bar
Now kiss my ass and leave