Chewin the fat

This week turned out to be a one-workday-week. Monday-tuesday I spent at home in bed and on the couch, blowing my nose and drinking copious amounts of red tea. I hate being sick, it conflicts with my personality, which is a rather stressful one. The thing with being sick is I don't like wasted time. And when I'm sick, there is nothing I can do but waste it. Anything worthwhile has an inherent effort incorporated, even simple things like reading a book, and become futile experiments when your brain is being fried by fever. So I always end up looking at old episodes of friends (not a bad thing in itself, but hardly an example of personal growth). So, to sum up: I wish I was healthy and energetic all the time. Cue vitamins. Cue regular exercise. Cue a balanced diet.

I did see two films this during this time of convalescence, that were "new". Sunday we watched the Aviator while being hung over. It was a decent movie a bout an impressive person. Loved the Cate Blanchett - role (Katherine Hepburn), she's such a magnificent actress. A bit too long it was. (Yoda speak). But beautiful.

Then I watched Sideways yesterday. Good. Loo-key humour, drama. It was smooth but still touching. The fact that it never exploded is something very dramatic.

gotta go - later

No comments: